New exit for investors: Aulab joins Multiversity

New exit for investors: Aulab joins Multiversity

29 September 2022




It is news just a few days ago: another company, which did an equity crowdfunding raising through Mamacrowd, has made an exit, just over a year after the end of the campaign. It is Aulab, which in May 2021 raised €516,000 from 87 investors, exceeding the maximum investment goal.

About Aulab

Aulab is the first Italian Coding Factory dedicated to teaching web programming. Founded in 2014 by Davide Neve and Giancarlo Valente, it sees its strength in the hackademy, a 3-month intensive course that allows to acquire the necessary skills to start a career in web development, even starting from scratch.

Over the past 4 years, the company has seen exponential growth in revenue, at 100% per year. It has also formed valuable partnerships with Glovo, TIM, Fondazione Compagnia di San Paolo, Fondazione Rizzoli, Talents Venture and Smartika.

With more than 1,400 students trained and a network of more than 300 hiring partners, Aulab is on its way to becoming one of the fastest growing tech talent communities in Italy. All this, in addition to the value acquired as a result of the equity crowdfunding campaign carried out on Mamacrowd, has made the company very attractive in the eyes of the Multiversity ecosystem.

The acquisition by Multiversity

Through this acquisition process, Aulab entered the Multiversity education ecosystem, controlled by private equity fund CVC Capital Partners and the Italian leader in the e-learning market with Unipegaso, Unimercatorum, Istituto San Raffaele and certification entity Certipass.

The goal of the deal is to accelerate its growth strategy in digital training and to add tech skills within its educational offerings to respond to the shortage of IT professionals on the Italian and European scene.

The Multiversity Group acquired 60.61 percent of the innovative startup, the remaining 39.39 percent is held mainly by founders Davide Neve and Giancarlo Valente, who will remain in the management of the Company to enhance the present assets and develop, together with Multiversity Management, the synergies arising from the educational methodology, guidance network, marketing and potential partnerships that the Multiversity Group already has in place with associations and companies.


"Joining the Multiversity Group, a leader in digital education, is an important step in Aulab's growth path," said Davide Neve, CEO of Aulab. "We have always worked to make a positive impact in the lives of our students in an inclusive and sustainable way and enable them to acquire the best skills and mindset to face the challenges of a constantly evolving job market. We also thank the investors who supported us in the startup moment of our project and for understanding the social impact of our work."


Aulab represents the successful case of a startup that, thanks in part to the equity crowdfunding campaign, has managed to show its value, while also contributing to a short-term financial return for those who decided to believe in its potential.


Want to invest in a successful company?


Warnings pursuant to Article 19(2)
crowdfunding services provided by Mamacrowd are not covered by the Deposit Guarantee Scheme established in accordance with Directive 2014/49/EU*; securities and instruments eligible for crowdfunding purposes that can be acquired through this crowdfunding platform are not covered by the Investor Compensation Scheme established in accordance with Directive 97/9/EC**.
* Directive 2014/49/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council on Deposit Guarantee Schemes.
** Directive 97/9/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on investor-compensation schemes.


© 2024 SiamoSoci Srl a company of Azimut Group - VAT number IT07464370969 - Via Timavo 34, 20124 MI - SC € 95.417,54 fully paid up - Registr. 8, resolution 19002 of 06/08/14

By using the services of Mamacrowd you accept our cookies policy. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for statistical, advertising and customisation purposes.

Show preferences